[pskmail] When email does not work (sorry, wrong password)

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:46:02 +0100

Hi all,

Just wanted to send an email about this with a subject that is easy to
find in the mailing list archive. During the weekend I had stations
trying to get their email through my server only to get a message from
the server saying "sorry, wrong password".

Please be aware of the differences between the link/session password and
the email password. There are two password fields in the settings that
you need to be aware of. On the "User data" tab there is a password
field at the bottom. That is used to automatically submit a link/session
password to the server. You use that to make sure no other station can
connect using your callsign and get your email.
But, to use that you have to connect to the server and tell it what
password you will use. Otherwise you are trying to use a password that
the server does not know and that can only go wrong. So, either connect
and tell the server what password you want by issuing the command:
:SETPASSWORD <enter>
Or, keep the field empty!

The POP password on the mail options tab is where the password for your
email server should be entered.