[pskmail] Re: Warning! Re: PSKmail from USB stick - storing config

  • From: "Sjaak van Dam" <pa3gvr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:36:33 -0400

On 4/18/07, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tnx for the warning Sjaak, sorry for the trouble, I should have
put that warning in... I will do so in the FAQ on the wiki!

I should have known better.
I think you made 2 mistakes / omissions:
- * make a new 700 MB FAT16 partition (nr. 1) with 'n', 'p', '1', 'M700+'
Should be: .....'+700M'
And at the end of the fdisk part don't forget 'w' to write the partition table.

The easy way to find out how your USB stick is recognized is to plug
in the stick and let the "KDE Deamon" auto mount the stick. In the
locatin bar it will say something like "system:/media/sdb1" and this
translates to /dev/sdb for fdisk.

On a lighter note, nice clean hard disks also have advantages. You can use them
to reinstall
windows, which needs to be done regularly anyway, or you may even try
to install the latest Linux (Feisty Fawn would be a good choice).

I wish..... We run a proprietary Agency Management System that needs
M$ Windowze and talks to M$ Office.
At least our email (SuSe), Spam Filter (Barracuda), Firewall
(M0N0Wall) and VoiceMail (Intuity LX) run Linux.

 At least you
know that all viruses are gone.

Yes but as soon as you run M$ Windowze update they are back.....

73, Sjaak W4RIS ex-PA3GVR