[pskmail] Re: W3NR PSKmailserver (3)

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:25:01 +0100

Some hints on how to set up the fist connect:

* Fldigi: AFC on, Squelch about 20%.

* Fldigi: The standard sweet spot is 1000 HZ. That means Fldigi will
always transmit a 1000 Hz tone.

* First you have to find the right frequency the server is on...:

* When you hear the beacon, tune the RX until the signal is exactly on
1000 Hz on the waterfall.

* If the beacon is too short, ping the server (ctrl-p) on different
frequencies until you get an answer.

* If that doesn't work, make a sked via the mailing list, and make a qso
with the station running the server for you to tune the system...
You can use the internet (world wide converse, IRC or jabber) for
communication during setup...

* As soon as the server answers exactly on 1000 Hz, put the VFO
frequency in a memory, so you have to do this only once :)

At the moment I am beaconing on 10.148 with 10W and my beacons are
acknowledged by both PI4TUE and SM0RWO....

Success....