[pskmail] Various questions & remarks!

  • From: "A Mulder" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "amulder@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 03:23:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all! Brand new very inexperienced pskmail user here so please bear with
me!

First, when using the 2.10-k client it seems I cannot stop the scanning of the
frequencies specified in the Prefences->Rig dialog, even though I have
unchecked 'scan' in both that dialog and in the main window rigctl tab. Frankly
I am a bit confused why there are two 'scan' check boxes in two different
areas. With all the scanning going on, though, I notice that the 2.1 client
does not load the data from the .chn files. 2.0.30 does do that for me.

Then, about my setup: apart from a few times that I heard OE5RTL, the only
station whose beacons I consistenly hear very well is 9A1CRA. I am now in The
Netherlands with my boat, with a 11m vertical. Do i have a problem or is this
normal?

About the code. I svn'ed the client from crusefalk.se, but how do I build? My
ts-480 did not work by default using hardware PTT beause I have both the serial
connection and the PTT on the same port. So I switched PTT to rigctl, but then
I ran into the problem that the javapskmail/rigctl for the ts-480 listens on
the microphone where I have sound connected to the line input. I hacked hamlib
but would prefer changing javapskmail!

Related, when javapskmail switches to a different speed mode, I would like it
to issue a rigctl command to change the dsp filter width on my ts-480 to match!

I was also thinking that the station beacons could be used to synchronise the
clock on the client?

Finally, talking about dps, in javapskmail, when I set the Prefernces->rig
offset to 2210Hz (just to experiment!) I get:

     Exception in thread "RxPSK" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -117

Let me say I am very impressed by all that has been done so far in this
project! Hope I will be able to contribute a bit.

Regards,

ON8ACM