[pskmail] Re: V2.x.x hardware PTT

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:30:19 +0100

Hi,
is fldigi 3.21.72 and jpskmail 1.5.25 compatible with each other?
I seem to have fldigi going not responding when I run jpskmail on occasions,
also changing the mode in pskmail will also kill fldigi.
Is there a recommended combination?
I am using XP currently to keep things simple, I will be using this os on an
eeepc for our expedition.
Thanks
Vic

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:16:46 +0200
From: per@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Re: V2.x.x hardware PTT

    victor maddex skrev 2013-09-17 13:54:

      > Hello,

      > does this statement still apply to this version ?

      > You should also install the RXTX library, which is used for
      hardware PTT.

      > The hardware selection seems to not be selectable (greyed
      out) in the configuration.

      > If this is not likely to be able to be resolved, please let
      me know so I can make other plans.

      > Thanks

      > Vic

    Yes, rxtx is used to access the serial port and is indeed necessary
    for hardware ptt.

    I was going to take care of it but I have not had any opportunity to
    do so yet.

    Can you make do with the 1.5 series and fldigi until I have some
    spare time to get to it?

    73, Per

    sm0rwo