[pskmail] V2 on W7: not transmitting, not seeing audio

  • From: Sander Pool <sander_pool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 01:52:29 -0400

Hi,

as I mentioned in my previous email I am trying pskmail v2.17. I found the 2.03 quickstart on the site, I don't think it's included with the installer. If indeed that's true it's perhaps an idea to include it. I did notice the dialogs don't quite look the same anymore (DSP). Here are some of the things I'm seeing:

- no audio appears in the waterfall when the correct input port is selected
- no PTT is triggered when I press 'connect'. I am using serial port PTT with the correct port selected. The microham router shows the port as open but never tripped. - no output audio is generated. At first I heard the modem sounds coming out of the laptop speakers because I had the sound device misconfigured. I fixed that and turned on TX monitor on my TS-2000. The output is silent but the status window at the bottom of the dialog shows text so it seems to try to transmit. - after attempting to connect to a server the server is not remembered, reverts back to NOCAL and the default mode. - pressing 'tune' in the DSP tab appears to be a synchronous event but there's no visual feedback that this is so. The GUI becomes unresponsive until the tune finishes. Like before no audio is heard on the radio, PTT is not tripped. - I had to search a bit to find servers to connect to. I ended up here: http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/PSKmailservers . Provided the list is correct should there be a way to retrieve it from within the software and stored for later use when you're not online? If that's not how pskmail works perhaps add a link to that page (or the correct one) under the help menu.

For completeness I'll include my config, let me know if you need more details:

- jpskmail 2.17
- TS-2000
- microham USB-3
- Windows 7 x64

Let me know if this is helpful or otherwise worthwhile, please. I appreciate all you have done providing this software and infrastructure for free. All I can do at the moment is help test. It's what I do for a living :-)

Thanks and 73,

    Sander W1SOP