[pskmail] Using THOR22 on the server...

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 16:40:37 +0200

If you want to use THOR22 on the server you need version 0.8.5 which has been
uploaded
to hermes and sharon.

APRS frames are decoded OK, but ARQ does not work using THOR22 on earlier
versions.

This morning I changed the fldigi driver to accomodate the extra characters
fldigi sends
to the server, and now ARQ works as good as with PSK250 (lower speed of course).

I have done quite some testing on PI4TUE, including downloading grib files to
the client.
sending tweets and getting mail using THOR22.

BTW, You MUST use USB (or reverse CW) for this mode, it will receive gibberish
otherwise :)
Filter bandwidth necessary is 400 Hz minimum.