[pskmail] Re: Updated iso

  • From: "Rich Hudgins" <rhudgins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:54:50 -0600

Par
I will be glad to give it a try today.
Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: pskmail-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pskmail-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Pär Crusefalk
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 4:56 AM
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Re: Updated iso

Hi Rich,

Thank you very much, this looks like an excellent howto.
This belongs on the wiki, I can paste it in there if you wish, better
still if you do it (as you will get the credit for your work then).

I don't have that windows os here but it would be interesting to try
working pskmail this way, it looks very easy.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

lör 2007-01-13 klockan 20:24 -0600 skrev Rich Hudgins:
> Sure
>     To run any .iso image off the hard drive you download the vmware
> player [1] below, and install it.  This is a windows application but
> you can run any system on it.  At the bottom of the same download page

> is a link to some preconfigured applications that will work and might
> be of interest.  To run PSKmail iso disks you need to create a virtual

> machine configuration using either the program VMManager [2] or
> EasyVMX [3] either will create the files you will need to run the
> virtual machine. The most important setting on the player is to
> suspend operation rather than terminate the operation.  That way you
> keep your settings and any changes you make.  You can run the window
> in full screen mode or a window.  You can run this with 256Meg of
> memory in your computer but I highly recommend at least 512 meg.
>
> Step 1
>       Make a Directory called PskMail_2007 on the Root [c:\]
> Step 2
>       copy Psk .iso disk to that directory and rename [liveCD.iso]
> copy the self extracting      file PskMail_2007.exe to that directory
> and execute.
> Step 3
>       Install the PKWare player on your computer
>       Install the VMManager on your computer
>
> Step 4
>       Double click on the file [PskMail_2007.vmx]
>       This file is a text file that you can change if you want to or
> you can use VMManager         to open and edit it or view it
> Step 5
>       After the disk is up and running there are two Problems that may
> come up.  The first   is the video resolution.  On some computers when
> the image runs it will pick a         resolution that makes the screen
hard to
> see, this can be changed by opening up the    mandriva control center
> on the bottom of the screen.  The second issue is that
sometimes the

--
Pär Crusefalk
Turnévägen 5