[pskmail] Re: Understanding LINK

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:41:03 +0200

Linking does not need a connect.
You can send a link request to a server with ctrl-L.
When  connect, you are linked to that server until you link somewhere else.
If a client is not linked it tries to do so automatically.
When the client chooses another server it tries to link automatically.

A link packet looks like <SOH>00uPA0R><S54FAA-0 4A62<EOT>,
a link ack looks like <US><SOH>00uS54FAA-0<>PA0R CF4D<EOT>.

Every server has a link table, you can look at it locally in .pskmail/routes,
or by connecting to any server and issuing a ~ROUTES command.
There you can see what client is linked to which server.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com