[pskmail] Re: U.S.A. servers

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:38:35 +0100

sön 2006-12-10 klockan 16:09 -0500 skrev Ed:
> Is there anyone running a full time server in the U.S. , I have no luck
> hearing the SM0RWO server. Unless I'm trying at the wrong time. I
> thought it scanned 10.148 then 14.075 on the hour. ?
>
> Ed W3NR

Hi Ed,

Its my fault that you havent heard the server. I have been experimenting
and I have changed the scan. I updated the server page on the wiki with
that info but I should have sent it directly to you as well, I'm sorry.

To make up for it I have looked long and hard at ASAPS and I have seen
the light... well, sort of. ASAPS says that between 13-14 UTC we should
have 6-9 dB S/N on 14 MHz using isotrope antennas. That prognosis is for
the path Stockholm - Atlanta during December.
So, I will put the server on 14.075 MHz from 12 and until 15 UTC. I will
use PSK63 and will beacon on minute two (xx:02). I haven't tried the
schedule scan in the server yet so this is a great oportunity. I will
read up on how to do this and I will update the info on the wiki
tomorrow: http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/PSKmailservers