[pskmail] Re: US servers, lots of them

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 15:26:49 +0200

Hi Andy,

Yes, it could be clearer about what is going on. At the moment you do
have some hints about that at the bottom of the window with the two
coloured "leds" at either end, the channel indicator and the link status
indicator. The left hand one is the channel indicator. Colours mean:
- Grey Idle, no data
- Yellow Data, not valid
- Blue Data block in progress
- Red Transmitting data

The right hand indicator shows link status. The colours mean:
- Green: no errors on the link
- Yellow:rx error
- Blue: tx error
- Red:rx + tx errors

There is a slight delay, because the client does not know the link
status until it receives it from the server. i.e. most of the time the
link indicator is 1 frame behind...

Much of the taxt above is copied from the manual.
All of that could be in plain text of course and that would make things
easier for the beginner..

73, Per
sm0rwo