[pskmail] Re: Trouble connecting

  • From: "DAVID GRAY" <kf4wbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:30:07 -0500

WHAT I SEE IS IF A SERVER DEFAULTS TO THOR 22 AND CONDITIONS ARE SUCH THAT THE TXID IS NOT

HEARD FROM THE CLIENT    THE SERVER WILL NOT RESPOND   IT CANT
IF HOWEVER THE SERVERS ARE SET TO THOR 8 AS DEFAULT THEN IF CONDITIONS ARE BETTER AND THE CLIENT SENDS A CONNECTION REQUEST AT A FAST MODE THE SERVER WILL RESPOND
TO THE CONNECTION REQUEST

FASTER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER I WOULD THINK SERVERS SET TO DEFAULT AT THOR 8 WOULD SERVE ALL IN THE BEST CAPACITY ESP WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF PORT WHEN YOUR SIGNAL MIGHT BE DEGRADED BUT STABLE OR IF FOR
SOME REASON YOU WERE REQUIRED TO USE LOW POWER OUT

DAVID   KF4WBS / NNN0LES

THIS GOES FOR BEACONS AS WELL IF YOU ARE SENDING A BEACON AND THE SERVER DOESN'T HEAR YOU AT THOR 22 AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT GOOD IT YOU SEND A BEACON AT THOR 8 IT STILL WONT HEAR YOU BECAUSE IT CANT HEAR THE TXID HOWEVER IF IT IS PRESET TO THOR 8 AND YOU SEND A BEACON WITH TXID
AT PSK500 THE SERVER WILL STILL DECODE THE BEACON IF CONDITIONS ARE GOOD

WHY EVEN INCLUDE THE SLOWER MODES IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO USE THEM

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 03:29:58 +0100 (CET)
From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Christian,
the network issue is probably caused by jPSkmail trying to connect to the Igate network. You can disable the network connection by going to the Igate screen and disselecting the
Igate status ckeck button.
If there is no network available (which is normal at sea), when jPSKmail will try to connect to the APRS server, the network socket will wait until the network socket is relinquished.

This can take up to 3 minutes.... but jPSKmail will start after the network driver gves up...
You will neee some patience!

Buy try with the  Igate disconnected first...

[pskmail] Re: Trouble connecting

Ok, I think I wasn' very clear in my bugreport. Here it comes again:
The Problem is when I start fldigi- it can't create the arq server.
FLDIGI log:
Q: main: fldigi 3.21.30 log started on Thu Jan 19 14:19:26 2012

Q: log_excluded_modes: RSID (tx) : CW BPSK31 RTTY
Q: log_excluded_modes: CWID      : CW
Q: log_excluded_modes: VIDEOID   : CW BPSK31 RTTY
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS0
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS1
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS2
I: testCommPorts: Found serial port /dev/ttyS3
E: open_tty: Could not open "/dev/ttyUSB0": Datei oder Verzeichnis
nicht gefunden
E: start: Could not start ARQ server (getaddrinfo: Die Adressfamilie
f?r Hostnamen wird nicht unterst?tzt)
E: start: Could not start XML-RPC server (getaddrinfo: Die
Adressfamilie f?r Hostnamen wird nicht unterst?tzt)
I: do_readfile: Reading 111 bytes from logbook.adif
I: do_readfile: NO RECORDS IN FILE

So, jpskmail has nothing to do with it. It all happens before I start
jpskmail. Of course, If fldigi is in his state, jpskmail complains
about not beeing able to connect to the arq server (which just isn't
there).
The current workaround is tho create an ad-hoc network with the on
board wifi which somehow lets fldigi create a server. It seems to be
quite reliable.

Rein PJ4/PA0R @ PJ4C

Thanks for all your help, will report my progress.
73, DL3ZFC