[pskmail] Re: Time/Time zone in PSKmail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:47:38 +0100

Set the right time and time zone zone in puppy. (Desktop->time).
When the computer clock runs on UTC pskmail will show the right (system) time.

With regard to the DCD issue:
Version 1.0 on the puppy cd is still on the old (POSIX SYSV mqueues) interface.
There is an alpha version of the client (1.0.3f) on the hermes download website
with
a tcp/ip arq interface to fldigi. That one has a different DCD scheme, it
triggers DCD
on ANY character received and has a hang time of 3 seconds.. It also changes
the
protocol so that only the server sends polls. It is work in progress, but is
has a lot l
ess contention than the 'old' interface.
Only the client version has been changed, so the project is still running.
As the new interface only works with fldigi > 3.04xx it has not been released
yet.
But even then, DCD does not work well on HF, so I am experimenting with
protocol enhancements....

1 Watt will only work when the condx are optimal, which is in the morning hours
from PA0 to IS0... and sometimes also 23:00 UTC...

73,

Rein CT3/PA0R/P, preparing CS95A and CT9L operations...
(internet works already :)

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com