[pskmail] Re: Thro8 possible trip ups

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:52:42 +0100

mån 2011-02-21 klockan 10:25 +0100 skrev Rein Couperus:
> I really miss Twitter  in pskmail....
>
> 73,
>
> Rein EA/PA0R/M

I know. I have been looking at that and I have started to put back menus
for it. There is a big push in the industry towards OAuth authentication
and gmail is also putting that in place for imap and smtp.
The good side of this is that the server will not have to hold user and
password data, it will only get a token from the client. The bad side is
that we will have to authenticate first when the client is on line,
later use is fine over hf but the first time requires internet access.

But I guess we had better implement OAuth as twitter already requires
it, facebook is there, google buzz and gmail too. If gmail starts to
require it then we really need it. I am working on it.

73 de Per
SM0RWO