[pskmail] Third Party Traffic Restrictions ?

  • From: Andy obrien <k3ukandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:55:32 -0500

If I use the PSKMAIL Client to retrieve my email , and that email -for
example- is from my sister  in New Zealand , a non-ham,...  would that
breach the USA's restrictions on third party traffic?  The three
parties would be the PSKMAIL server, my sister  and then me.  Perhaps
because the third part (me) is a ham, it is OK ?

  It has been a while, I assume the third party restrictions on USA
hams are still in effect.

Andy K3UK

§97.115 Third party communications.

(a) An amateur station may transmit messages for a third party to:

      (1) Any station within the jurisdiction of the United States.

      (2) Any station within the jurisdiction of any foreign
government when transmitting emergency or disaster relief
communications and any station within the jurisdiction of any foreign
government whose administration has made arrangements with the United
States to allow amateur stations to be used for transmitting
international communications on behalf of third parties. No station
shall transmit messages for a third party to any station within the
jurisdiction of any foreign government whose administration has not
made such an arrangement. This prohibition does not apply to a message
for any third party who is eligible to be a control operator of the
station.

(b) The third party may participate in stating the message where:

      (1) The control operator is present at the control point and is
continuously monitoring and supervising the third party's
participation; and

      (2) The third party is not a prior amateur service licensee
whose license was revoked or not renewed after hearing and
re-licensing has not taken place; suspended for less than the balance
of the license term and the suspension is still in effect; suspended
for the balance of the license term and re-licensing has not taken
place; or surrendered for cancellation following notice of revocation,
suspension or monetary forfeiture proceedings. The third party may not
be the subject of a cease and desist order which relates to amateur
service operation and which is still in effect.

(c) No station may transmit third party communications while being
automatically controlled except a station transmitting a RTTY or data
emission.

US Amateurs May Handle Third-Party Traffic With:

V2      Antigua/Barbuda
LO-LW   Argentina
VK      Australia
V3      Belize
CP      Bolivia
T9      Bosnia-Herzegovina
PP-PY   Brazil
VE, VO, VY      Canada
CA-CE   Chile
HJ-HK   Colombia
D6      Comoros (Federal Islamic Republic of)
TI, TE  Costa Rica
CM, CO  Cuba
HI      Dominican Republic
J7      Dominica