[pskmail] Re: Testing sound card and connection to the radio.

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:24:03 +0100

On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 11:32 -0600, Steven Pituch wrote:

> The pictures of the screens on the Wiki show a waterfall similar to
> the one
> in MixW, but I have not seen it anywhere in my PSKMail software.  Can
> someone tell me how to test my soundcard with PskMail?  I tried
> downloading
> LinPsk to test the connection to the radio and have extracted the
> files but
> haven't figured out how to execute the program.

We use Fldigi as a modem. So try to get Fldigi to work first.
Pskmail talks only to FLdigi, it does not have sound.

Double clicking on the volume control on the lower right hand corner of
the screen gets you the mixer control.

Some people here can give you the mixer setting for Mandriva and
Fldigi...