[pskmail] Re: Test result

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:38:58 +1100

Gunnar,

Glad you got it to work. Another point I missed in my list that is often an
issue also is the level of the squelch in Fldigi.

Not more than 20 or 30% from the bottom.

Above that you miss fragments of data when the signal is not perfect. So
when trying at a distance this is critical too. Mine is set at about 20%.

If if is too low there is a bit of garbage shown when not receiving data
but it does not matter. The server will ignore that. This is better than
missing data.

Regarding your password issue I think in the manual it says to type
:SETPASSWORD (in the entry line at the bottom of jPskmail) the first time
after you send your details.

But please check the manual for the exact command as I am just reporting
from memory.

73, John