[pskmail] Re: Telnet function

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:37:41 +1100

Hi Robert,

Yes you are correct that when you connet to a telnet server via the pskmail
server you see the normal exchange in the client.

To check that is was working I tested the latest sever and client with a DX
cluster and I got all the exchanges at login and the automatic updates of
the DX cluster coming over.

Try pa1rbz.dyndns.org <telnet://pa1rbz.dyndns.org:9000> port 9000.  Login is
your call sign, blank password.

That should work and it will give you an idea of how it all flows.

One thing to remember: the first time you press the QUIT button it will
disconnect your telnet session ONLY, and will tell you so. The next time you
press the QUIT button it will close the session with the Pskmail server.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

John (VK2ETA)