[pskmail] Re: TXdelay for server

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:51:44 +1100

Hi Robert,

I am not sure I understood you properly but let me make sure there is no
confusion.

The rxdelay parameter in the server is a delay added between the end of
receiving and interpreting the received data from the client and its transition
to TX.

So it does not have any effect on the fact that the server is missing the
beggining of the client's data.

What I think you describe is a too small value of the txdelay of the client.

I definitely recommend at least 1 or even 2 seconds to start with on the
client. Especially if the client runs on a fast machine or Android device.

Please leave the TX delay at 1 on the server, and get the client to increase
its delay to 2 to start with.

I am sure the exchange will be smoother. Timeouts on missed exchanges are much
more costly in terms of lost time than a slightly too long TX delay.

Hope this helps,

73, John