[pskmail] Re: System stopping!?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:09:17 +0200 (CEST)

The problem is in fldigi, my guess it is in the mqueue handling.
It has started to appear in newer versions of UBUNTU ( > 8.04).
The fldigi GUI freezes, while other threads are still running.

You don't have to reboot, just kill the server (ctrl-C) and fldigi.
Do a 'killall fldigi' in a terminal to stop fldigi.
You may have to restart fldigi several times, until the command queue is empty.

I have mentioned the problem several times on the fldigi mailing list, but
it seems to be difficult to find the problem there.

I have already started to switch the server code from mqueue to the ARQ
interface,
but that is going to take some time... the client uses the ARQ socket, and I
have not seen
the effect there..

73,

Rein DL/PA0R/M

Hi all!

I have been running my server for a while now and everything's seems to be
working fine but there is something that is puzzling me.
Sometimes for no reason that I can see the system stops in tx mode and I have
to kill all processes and restart the computer (Ubuntu 10.10) again. It then
runs without any problems sometimes for 10 days and sometimes only for two
three days and suddenly it stops again.

Has anyone got any idea what to do to fix this?

It is a bit of a problem because I can not let the server run while I am on
vacation, not being able to restart it again.
Giving that reasonability to anyone else is a bit tricky;-)

73 de SA6BQZ Gunnar