[pskmail] Re: Stuck trying to debug pop access to gmail

  • From: Stephen Rector <stefano@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:45:14 -0700

Per:

Access to your subversion directory works fine - thanks. I ran the perl script
and it failed - possibly this means that Mail and POP3client are not properly
installed? I see them in two paths:  /usr/share/perl5/Mail, and
initrd/mnt/dev_save/usr/share/perl5/Mail .  I’ll try to see how this is being
invoked by the pskmail_server. Perhaps some paths are wrong.

There’s a subtext here for me to address later after this is solved. I’m
running Puppy Linux as a VM on Parallels running on a Mac. The Mac is BSD-Unix
with all dev tools and a separate /sw directory with lots of self-contained
X11/unix libs and headers, including perl, gcc, cmake, gnome, gtk and lots of
unixy goodness. A task for this student (later) might be to chuck Puppy Linux
and run this native in /sw.

But for now - the poptest script fails - returns -1, and that’s where things
are at. Seamonkey mail for the same pop address works fine in the same VM. I’ll
hunt for a path problem - let me know if you suspect anything else.

Thanks for your help Per. I’d like to reciprocate by putting the US west coast
on the map, although my station is modest.

73,

Steve NU7B