[pskmail] Re: Status of version 0.5

  • From: "Leigh L. Klotz, Jr." <Leigh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:57:41 -0700

Rein,
I saw this go into the codebase and wondered why you and Dave choose SV message queues instead of a socket interface. Sockets would mean you could run PSKMail and fldigi even on separate computers, and would (he says selfishly) simplify my task of providing remote PSK operations. I'm still going ahead with my work on a threaded TCP interface for fldigi, but it's a shame there's not more overlap.
Leigh/WA5ZNU

Rein Couperus wrote:
Starting with version 0.5 pskmail will get a new interface to fldigi, which is based on the POSIX System V message queue. That interface is not depending on the location fldigi is installed, making it much easier to install pskmail.