[pskmail] Re: Sound card question

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:16:46 -0500

Bill - N8ET wrote:
Hi - I just installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my desktop PC. I notice that when I hit TUNE on fldigi, the tone that comes out of the sound card has a ticking noise. When I run that tone into another PC via audio cables and look at it on an flidigi waterfall, it is not a continuous tone - i.e., the ticking I am hearing is when the audio tone actually stops and then restarts.

When I run the Puppy distribution, that ticking is there when I configure the sound card in fldigi to use the top choise for the card (OSS?) on the configuration screen (I don't have screen in front of me - can't remember what is actually was) When I use the bottom choice, the tone is clean and continuous. In Ubuntu - it seems to make no difference - the ticking is always there. It does not matter what the volume one the sound card is set at either..

Any ideas??  Thanks!

-- 73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US
www.kangaus.com
419-423-4604 (Kanga)
419-423-5643 (home)

You need to choose a different sample rate.

Ed W3NR