[pskmail] Sorry, wrong password - more info.

  • From: Steve <stevez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:10:00 +1000

Further to the below, I did manage to get it working... once.
What I did was delete the callsign entry (using user_db.pl), and then tried a connect. It worked and let me download the headers (which don't actually appear in the headers window in client 1.5.8 - bug report for another time!).

But..... when I disconnected and tried to connect again, the sorry wrong password message appeared.

I'm putting this to bed for now and would like to go to the stable combination of server/client. Can anyone tell me what that is? Is the stable client 1.5.5 and server 1.5.0 (as per http://www.pskmail.org/PSKMaildownloads.html) ?

Thanks again.

Steve.

Hello all,

I've spent a few hours on this and need someone to help me remain sane!

I'm using server 1.6.0 and client 1.5.8. I'm getting the usual FLDigi crashes that people are talking about (on the server side), and even some strange FLDigi "pauses" that look like it has crashed but it seems to recover from. At this time however, those are least of my worries!

My real problem is that for the life of me I cannot understand how to retrieve email without getting the "Sorry, wrong password" message. The server does tell the client that there is an email waiting, but when I do a QTC, I get the "sorry, wrong password" message. I have the session password field blank on the client. Using the perl script "user_db.pl" on the server, it doesn't even show a field for a session password (it was alluded to in a previous post that this tool could be used to check on the session password). I've tried all manner of "update server", but I can't get past the session password problems.

The client 1.5.8 and server 1.6.0 combination is meant to make the session password update automatic automatic on update server, isn't it? (quote Rein " The new alpha test software for server (1.6.0) and client (1.5.8) does this automatically, so the client only has to do an 'Update server'."). It's not working for me though.

What am I doing wrong?

Steve (VK2ZSZ, trying very hard to give PSKMail another chance!)