[pskmail] Re: Sorry, Wrong password.

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 05:23:16 +1000

Hi Per,

Just a note on this. My understanding was that a  RESETPASSWORD  would
reset the whole client's record.

If that was the case, then the RESETPASSWORD would work as intended and
would allow a client to recover a lost session password situation by
re-updating the sever with his email settings and (a potentially new)
session password.

But it would prevent an attacker to gain access to the email.

In fact it should be called RESETRECORD or something equivalent and be in a
drop down menu.

The only "damage" then would be the inconvenience of having to perform a
new "update server".

 73, John