[pskmail] Sorry, Not Allowed Error

  • From: "Dan Ozment" <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:39:42 -0500

What causes the .auth_ok file to be created and deleted from the server?

We sent a ~RESETRECORD command on a user account yesterday, and the user
record was removed.  I had the user reconnect and send a server update to
recreate the record.   He then sent a :SETPASSWORD command while still
connected, and got the "Sorry, not allowed" message.   I found the error in
the rflinkserver.pl and figured out that it was happening because the
.auth_ok no longer existed.   Knowing that I may be playing with fire I
manually recreated the file, and the user was able to successfully send a
password.