[pskmail] Re: Some map ideas

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:12:50 +0200

Thanks John,

I have not considered storing the track, thats of course possible. I
havent looked into how to draw that on the map, storing it should be no
problem. The basic idea now is to update incoming units, move them, as
they get available. Own position should be updated in the main timer
loop. I'll think abt track, that could complicate things a bit ;-)

Regarding map format I have checked openstreetmap and google map (both
are tile sources), an offline tile factory (cached tiles) is possible
and also just a plain image. I was thinking abt BSB or other charts but
that will have to wait. For the release I think a simple image for
offline use and openstreetmap for online could be good. Also, a nice
howto for getting the detailed offline map tiles you want. That data can
be huge so it will have to be done for the area wanted.

73 de Per