[pskmail] Re: SignaLink USB and CAT interface

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:47:31 +0100

Hi Gunnar,

I use this one on the boat:

http://www.box73.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=112_113_133&products_id=1488&osCsid=v8ffasf5o1ac96jidsi88lo974

It has one USB on the computer side, a built in soundcard and interfaces to virtually any TRX. The goodie: an additional USB, where you may connect an USB-GPS Mouse. The computer will see the soundcard and COMx resp. ttyx interfaces. One for CAT and one for GPS mouse.

Additionally you will have something to solder (if you like it like me). I don't know if an english manual is available, but the german .pdf has many pictures and should give you a good impression:

http://www.box73.de/catalog/pdf/BX-120.pdf?osCsid=v8ffasf5o1ac96jidsi88lo974

Complete cables for many TRX brands are also available.

73, Klaus

Am 17.12.2011 15:17, schrieb Gunnar Bulukin:
Hi,
I have bought a new SignaLink USB interface to be used on my boat.
Works very nice with my IC-706 in USB mode using the 6 mini din plug setting and fldigi to 1000Hz.
So far so good, but now to my question:
Without a CATinterface I cannot control the rig.
The interface that I used befor was a CG antenna SB-2000 but that does not have a built in soundcard like the SignaLink.
I find that using a built in soundcard works much better.
Does anyone have an idea what CAT interface I should use and how to connect it together wit the SignaLink USB?
73 de Gunnar