[pskmail] Re: Server-problem: no records in .pskmail/rflinkusers/rflink_users.db

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 17:23:47 +0200

Hi Franz,

Still sounds like an access problem to me. Could it be that you did the install like "sudo ./INSTALL" instead of "./INSTALL"? If you cd ~/.pskmail/rflinkusers and look at the files in detail with "ls -l" do you see that they belong to you (franz franz and not root root)?
You can make sure the files are "yours" with:
sudo chown -R franz:franz ~/.pskmail
Or, remove the entire .pskmail folder and reinstall the server..

73, Per
sm0rwo

2012-07-21 08:41, Franz Rohrauer skrev:
Hi all,

I have reinstalled OS (now: lubuntu 12.04) and pskmail_server (1.8.0).
Now following problem:

Users are not able to update their (deleted) records (client version
1.5.10)

User-rights in folder .pskmail are recursively set to rw, the rights
in /usr/local/share/pskmail_server are recursively set to rwx.

When user enters ":SETPASSWORD", a record
in .pskmail/rflinkusers/rflink_users.db is generated, but with data in
password-field only, other fields are empty.

The record cannot be updated by client -> email settings -> button
'update server', but it can be deleted by command '~RESETRECORD'

When record is deleted, client cannot generate a record by button
"update server".

What's going wrong?

73 and tnx for helping de Franz, oe5rtl