[pskmail] Server stability test

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:13:12 +0200 (CEST)

On the PSKMaildownloads I have put some test software to test stability of the server.
It has now been tested on PI4TUE, and I need to know whether it also works
on other servers.... On PI4TUE the fldigi crashes went down from 1x per 12 hours
to zero in 72 hours...

The Fldigi source file contains a changed TX.cxx file, and also the changes
John made to RSID (enhanced RX).
The server code includes some code changes related to a possible race condition
during or after TX.

Please take a look and report, this is the main PITA at the moment....

For those who never copiled Fldigi:
* make sure you have build-essential installed
* download the source file and untar in your user directory:
  tar zcvf fldigi-3.21.40.tar.gz
* cd into the new directory: cd fldigi-3.21.40
* .configure
*make
*sudo make install

start fldigi with:  /usr/local/bin/fldigi

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com