[pskmail] Re: Server install question - Ubuntu 7.10

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:13:55 -0500

Kyle Kienapfel wrote:
??? regular users cant extract files and then have them owned by root.

Check the permissions on this "makefile.PL" as it needs to be set
executable to be run with ./Makefile.PL

Or you could try "perl Makefile.PL"

keep in mind the case sensitivity of the thing.

From the pskmail server intall page::

10. Time to get Net::SSLeay. Cpan failed to install that on my server so I had to do it "manually". If cpan succeeds then you wont need the manual procedure. Start by entering "cpan Net::SSLeay", on my server cpan failed to find open ssl and I had to do the install manually:
cd ~/.cpan/build/Net_SSLeay.pm-1.30
./Makefile.PL
make
make install  (which I believe requires root).

Take a look at the file permissions, that may give you a clue.

Ed W3NR