[pskmail] Server install question - Ubuntu 7.10

  • From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:29:18 -0500

I am doing a server install on a new Ubuntu 7.10 system I just loaded up this
morning.  I loaded Ubuntu , and then did all the 190 updates that were out
there for 7.10.

I am following the installaion instructions for Ubuntu 7.04 that are on the
wiki
page.

I am down to step 10 - "Time to get Net::SSLeay"  As per the instructions, it
apperars that cpan fails to isntall, so I am doing the manual steps.  it
appears that SSLeay has a newer version, because there is now a sub-
directory Net_SSLeay-1.32 rather than Net_SSLeay.pm-1.30  When I go to
that new directory and enter ./Makefile.PL  I get a "Permission denied" error.
I tried sudo ./Makefile.PL and got the same error.

What am I doing wrong or missing?  As I recall, when I did a similar install a
week or so ago, I finally skipped that step, and went to step 11 and finished
the install  and the server ran successfully.

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US