[pskmail] Re: Server in Asia - 30mb antenna question

  • From: "Simon Luttrell" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "simonluttrell@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 17:18:39 +0800

Hi Juergen, thanks for your reply.

Are you operating one of the PSKMail servers? (I don't see your call-sign in
the server list).

What range of signal coverage do you get with this antenna for reliable
connection for using PSKMail?

Simon
On Thu, 28/5/15, Juergen <dl8jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Subject: [pskmail] Re: Server in Asia - 30mb antenna question
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome Simon,
I use a Double Bazooka monoband antenna
  ( http://www.westmountainradio.com/antenna_calculator_bazooka.php
)
for 30m exclusively. It was easy to
build with RG58 coax and needs no
antenna
tuner. The antenna is mounted 10 meters over ground and I am

satisfied with its performance so far.

73
Juergen
DL8JF

On
05/28/2015 10:24 AM, Simon Luttrell (Redacted sender
simonluttrell@xxxxxxxxx
for DMARC) wrote:

Since there seem to
be no PSKMail servers in Asia, I am thinking of setting up a
server from my QTH on the island of Phuket, south
Thailand.  This should provide coverage over the Indian
Ocean and southeast Asia land masses.

I have a first
question.  For the PSKMail servers that already operate on
30mb, what antennas are you guys using?

I'm sure that I
will have more questions, but this is an important one to
see if my idea is feasible.

Simon