[pskmail] Re: Server in Asia - 30mb antenna question

  • From: Juergen <dl8jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 10:57:50 +0200

Welcome Simon,
I use a Double Bazooka monoband antenna
( http://www.westmountainradio.com/antenna_calculator_bazooka.php ) for 30m exclusively. It was easy to build with RG58 coax and needs no antenna tuner. The antenna is mounted 10 meters over ground and I am satisfied with its performance so far.

73
Juergen
DL8JF

On 05/28/2015 10:24 AM, Simon Luttrell (Redacted sender simonluttrell@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

Since there seem to be no PSKMail servers in Asia, I am thinking of setting up
a server from my QTH on the island of Phuket, south Thailand. This should
provide coverage over the Indian Ocean and southeast Asia land masses.

I have a first question. For the PSKMail servers that already operate on 30mb,
what antennas are you guys using?

I'm sure that I will have more questions, but this is an important one to see
if my idea is feasible.

Simon