[pskmail] Server SA6BQZ-1

  • From: "Gunnar Bulukin" <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 09:00:04 +0200

Hi all,

My server SA6BQZ-1 will be down as a server for a while.
(Will be on occasionally for some antenna tests)

As I see it, having a server 24/365 on the air, it must at least work 98% of
the time.
With the software problems running fldigi the uptime is not more then 50-60%
if not attended daily.
With no alarm function for example via BigEar I visually have to go to the
shack to check, after finding out from aprs.fi, that there has been no
broadcasting from the server. This can not be seen during nigh time due to
that 30m is closed so the only time I can check is during the daytime.
Even if I retired from October last year does not mean that I spend all my
time in the shack (would be nice maybe) there are millions things to do that
should have been done before when not retired ;-)

My client SA6BQZ will be active when ever I am in the boat!
Just now running 1.5.8, had some problems with mode setting (setting was
Thor22 at start) but after a few restarts it worked normal again!? Also had
difficulties in disconnecting from OE5RTL yesterday afternoon. It took 3-4
minutes and the modes went down to Thor8 (not much QRM.)

73 de Gunnar