[pskmail] Re: Server Running

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 20:52:23 +1000

Hi Glenn,

Thank you. Please let us know of any issue with Pskmail.

Although not essential, the servers do communicate between each other over
the internet for two purposes:

1. For the Bigear concept where servers help each other with the reception
of data frames

2. When a client requests a link or connect to a server the link is
advertised by the server so that other servers do not duplicate the TXing
of things like APRS messages. That's the server->client (or vice-versa I
can't remember) messages you see in your server's terminal.

The Bigear concept would be of great value for the NA region and should be
investigated IMO as in my experience the server's side is the one with the
most QRM most of the time (caravan parks aside which I try to avoid as much
as possible..hihi).

73, John