[pskmail] Re: Server Running

  • From: Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:12:33 -0400

Just thought I would throw my two cents in here.

My server has been running 24/7 (When I am not in the middle of a lightning storm or traveling ) reliably for about 3 weeks.

I have the mail system working. It is not using gmail so you will not get the gmail forward.

I have not had a fldigi freeze in that period. I will every so often get the sound card error but it seems to recover and continue working.

I use the following:

 * Fldigi is built from source. I upgraded fltk from 1.1 to 1.3
 * I am running fldgi 3.21.41AA
 * I am running Server 1.6.0
 * The Platform is Ubuntu 10.04 with xfce gui.
 * I start Fldigi from the command line so I can see the errors.
 * In another desktop I open the console go to root and start
   pskmail_server.
 * Hardware is an old Sony laptop 600mhz with 1meg of memory
 * I am using a signalink interface to a TS-430 transceiver thus the
   single frequency

You can view the log page by clicking the KZ5ED-30 server on the pskmailserver page.

As I said my two cents

73
Eric

--