[pskmail] Re: Server Live CD comments

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 00:43:49 +0200

Hi all,

I'm working on the server cd here and just wanted to say that there is a
"nightly build" available (if you are anxious to get your hands on the
latest stuff). I will try to get another out tomorrow, should fix a few
remaining things.

Anyway, here's a list of changes from the last beta:
* No startup sound (to avoid the vox)
* Numlock is off at startup (password entering problems)
* sndconfig added
* Added ntpd (ntpdate is in there too but ntpd is the future)
* Added TightVNCServer
* Added partimage (good for my lab pc)
* Moved the wordtable stuff to .cbh
* Reduced the size of the iso to 350 Megs (removed stuff)

What I will fix soon (tomorrow?):
* Fix gmail pop
* live cd installer

What I'm thinking about, solutions for:
* importing users files (from usb-stick or somewhere else)
* Bring up the network wizard at startup

Further suggestions are always welcome!

The "nightly build" is available at:
http://www.crusefalk.se/pskmailserver061028.iso