[pskmail] Server Frequency Question

  • From: alan <akepple@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:54:06 -0400

The tx/rx frequency shown on fldigi 3.10 for my server seems to be
drifting.
Is my beacon frequency drifting?
When I start pskmail_server-0.8 the TX frequency lock light comes on in
fldigi but the frequency still drifts around, sometimes as much 200HZ.
I am also able to manually move the frequency cursor on fldigi while the
pskmail_server is running.  I could not do this before.
I recently upgraded some components in my computer and I am basically
using a fresh install of Ubunutu 8.10, Fldigi 3.10, and Pskmail_server
0.8.
Psk mode sweet spot is set at 1500 in fldigi.
I tried the pskmailrc.pl variable $scheduler in both 1 and 0 and tried
the server in both scanning and fixed modes but I get the same drift in
both modes.
When I run fldigi without the pskmail server running, the fldigi
frequency stays put for the same conditions with AFC both on and off and
various squelch settings so I don't think it is unusual qrm causing the
drift.
Any suggestions on what things can I check?
Alan KD4QCL