[pskmail] Re: Server Error Message?

  • From: vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 01:42:00 +0000

Hi Paul,

Thanks for pointing that out and he needs to have upgraded as you mentioned for running the 1.03 server version.

But the message he mentioned in the first post ("Mode not in list: PSK250") is a message issued by the server Perl script itself, hence my reply.

Unless I am missing something else.

I must point out also that if a US based call sign connects to his server, the link will be done using the alternative table (the one with PSK250 as maximum) as the client's software makes the difference between USA and non USA call signs. And this regardless of the mode his server is listening in.

The extensive usage if RSID means that the mode the sever is now listening in is of little importance, except marginally for unproto (ping, links and beacon) transmissions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

John

On , Paul Veldkamp <Paul.Veldkamp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
John, Gary uses an old version fldigi, as far as I know only 5.20 and higher works with R

regards

Paul

**sent from my wireless BlackBerry**