[pskmail] Re: Server Error Message?

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:18:04 +1000

Hi Gary,

I suspect it should not show in your case since you are in North
America and the list of modes used for automatic modes adjustments is:

THOR8 MFSK16 THOR22 MFSK32 PSK125R PSK250R PSK250.

But I just checked the source code of the server and it only takes
into account USA Ham prefixes for switching to that list.

A VE prefix will currently uses the other list used elsewhere:

THOR8 MFSK16 THOR22 MFSK32 PSK250R PSK500R PSK500

Do you also have the 300bauds limit as per the FCC in the USA?

If so, I can send you an updated version of the server which will
include Canadian prefixes, until we integrate this in the server code.

Please note that you can still use the server on that mode. Just
ignore the message if that what you want. But note that it will not
switch modes automatically unless the mode used by the client at
connect time is in the list.

This is because that list is arranged in ascending order of speed /
descending order of robustness and the program does not know what to
do with a mode outside the list.

All the best,

73, John