[pskmail] Re: Server 0.9.21

  • From: "Eric W. Davenport" <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:30:02 -0400

Thanks Par,

I was scheduling myself for a brain transplant now I don't have to....

I was wondering about the freq.txt I have
10146000,10147000,10147000,10147250,10147500,
DOMINOEX11,PSK125,PSK125,PSK63,DOMINOEX8,

Since my radio does not support CAT I am using $scanner="S"

I was thinking that I should remove the frequencies line and just leave the mode line

I thought I read an email that said not to use the negative number because the W at the end would take care of it.

When I first launched the server Sunday it had me in the right place. I will place the negative number.

73

Pär Crusefalk wrote:
Hi,

I have just installed 0.9.21 and I have had a similar experience.
Running pskmail_server as user results in "Cannot find executable."
Permissions are indeed incorrect:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 95448 2009-10-14 17:36 rflinkserver.pl

So, there is a problem there and you got past it the same way I did
(chmod 755 on rflinkserver.pl). This server version needs work.

Regarding the timeout problem its happening within the timing settings
for the mode changes when scanning. What is in your freqs,txt?
Can you start by using all PSK250 to isolate the problem?

Regarding the lat/long for aprs, pse remember that west is negative.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

ons 2009-10-14 klockan 10:51 -0400 skrev Eric W. Davenport:
Hi Per,

Thanks for the time.

Uninstalled reinstalled.

Still must do the

I then try and start the pskmail_server from user not root and I receive an error "Cannot find Executable".

I then go to the /usr/local/share folder and do a chmod 755 on rflinkserver.pl
I the do from user pskmail_server and it starts but it gives an error that I
cannot get now, I restarted machine and run server as user.

If I have the $scanner = "S" I get the timeout error.
If I take it out I do not

I am also still in Ghana

I think I will blow out the ./pskmail and uninstall and start over and see how
that goes.

73

Eric

Pär Crusefalk wrote:
Hi,

Just one quick thing, don't run the server as root.
Im running 0.9.17 at the moment so I havent tried that version yet (Im
just leaving work so I'll do that on my way home).

Did you type pskmail server ? it should be pskmail_server (underscore).

I'll try it and let you know.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

ons 2009-10-14 klockan 09:13 -0400 skrev Eric W. Davenport:
Good Morning

Today I decided would try again on getting the server stabilized

I downloaded 0.9.21

I extracted it to home\pskmailserver-0.9.21

I uninstall 0.9.20 using Rein's Instructions
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/pskmail_server
sudo rm -r /usr/local/share/pskmail_server

in 0.9.21 I do
sudo ./libinstall.sh
sudo ./install.sh

I do not get any errors and most of the gets return latest version already installed, the cpan's do the installation.

I launch Fldigi as user

I then try and start the pskmail_server and I receive an error "Cannot find Executable".

I then go to the /usr/local/share folder and do a chmod 755 on rflinkserver.pl
I the do from root pskmail_server and it starts

I then stop the pskmail_server and change the $scanner = '' to $scanner = 'S' I restart the pskmail_server and observe fldigi and see that it changes the modes which is what I want.

After the first run through the list I get
Can't locate object method "extended" via package "timouts" (perhaps you forgot to load "timouts"?) at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/arq.pm <http://arq.pm> line 3831. The server continues to run and I appear to be beaconing and hearing stations.

My APRS is messed up though it has me in Ghana instead of North Carolina. It had me right when I first started and I checked my Lat Long and it appears to be correct.

Anybody got any ideas

I am running FLDIGI 3.12.4
Ubuntu 8.10

73