[pskmail] Re: Saving GRIB files to Desktop ?

  • From: Bernard Dekok <kc9sgv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:24:55 -0600

Hi Per,

All my previous observations and testing was actually on version 1.5.4

A viewer button for GRIB files and black and white weather faxes (synoptic
charts) at least, would be very nice to have for boaters.

I really like Viewfax. It is FREE for Hams and the viewer of choice for
Airmail and RMS Express.
It gives a really nice and interactive GRIB map display.

The GRIB files do not come as an attachment now, but just as text in the
email. (Octet stream.)
If there is a viewer button to open up Viewfax, that would be nice,
alternatively is there is an easy way to save the .grb file to the desktop
(as .grb) and drag and drop it into the Viewfax icon, that would work too.

Later on when the throughput speed picks up, we will also need a way to
view small weather satellite pictures.

Best 73,

Bernie,
KC9SGV