[pskmail] Re: Sailing with AIS and PSKmail

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:50:37 +0200

Thanks Christian,

Your ebox should be more than capable of this.
I have no PC's on the boat (besides a laptop). What power I have from the 50 watt solar panel is quickly used by the refrigerator, TV, stereo, lamps, water pump, lanterns, VHF etc. so I'm looking into low power solutions. Also, tablets and phones like power too :-).

73, Per

Den 2015-09-23 kl. 12:57, skrev Christian F8DZE:

Hi Per,
I am also sailing during 2 month at summer time. We often go from French Britany to Spain
I use OpenCpn on a MX3310 e-box also managing Jpskmail 2 connected to a FT-100.
Sure a box or a piece of software able to convert APRS messages to "AIS" would be great as any modern marine display could display both AIS and APRS.
Good idea, Per,
Best 73s,
Christian de F8DZE