[pskmail] Re: Sailing trip across Atlantic with PSKmail

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:52:39 +0100

Great,

I suppose you had better ask him when it would be possible for him to do
this. Also thinking about structuring an agenda for this meeting, just a
few of the things I'd like to discuss are:

- First impression

Don't want to say any more than that so as not to steer the output in
any way. Just, what was the initial impression of the system?

- Getting to know the system

Manual ok? Should there be an interactive help system?
Should we set up basic training sessions? Or, did it work right away?

- General daily usage

Was there a natural flow to the usage? Are the functions placed in a
natural way? Was there something you felt should be redesigned?
Was there something you felt worked really well?

- Missing functions

What would help the sailor the most? What function is missing or what
set of functions should be added?

- Missing services

Post to and read from facebook, twitter, gadugadu.pl or some other
service we have not integrated?

- Cleaning up

What is never/seldom used and should be removed or moved to a less prime
position to avoid cluttering up the interface?

- Connection to people not on the boat

Was the mail function sufficient? Was APRS position and/or messaging
used? Did people ashore use the web maps showing position?

- Other ideas?