[pskmail] Re: SA6BQZ-1

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:33:53 +0200

Thank you,

I guess my reaction was in part based upon earlier experiences and the
way it all came together at the conference. Yes, I absolutely agree that
what we produce is GPL licensed so we can all do what we wish as long as
we are true to that license.

A commercial venture is fine and as long as we don't run off chasing
various demands that have nothing to do with ham radio then I really see
no problem at all. In fact if it should take off then many of the
demands and requests should be of such a nature that all will benefit.

I got numerous questions by email from various users about this and all
I can say is that it should be a non issue. The GPL is as good as any
guarantee of stability, if there should be a commercial option for those
that request that then that is one less thing missing. Its fine, really.

So, I suggest we put all this behind us and get back to the fun again.

73 de Per, sm0rwo