[pskmail] Re: SA6BQZ-1

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:41:06 +0200

mån 2011-09-26 klockan 16:36 +0200 skrev Gunnar Bulukin:
> Hi,
>
> My "non profit" server will be of the air for a while.
>
> 73 de Gunnar

This reaction is my fault. I had hoped we could handle this internally
but I guess its best I explain things now. Gunnar called me and among
things we discussed the conference. We also talked about why I
temporarily had shut down my server while thinking things through.

At the conference it was announced that some organizations are looking
into using pskmail and they would like to have a company to turn to.
So, a company will be formed that these organizations can turn to for
support agreements etc. There was also hardware options discussed with
possibly ready made solutions. All this will be a part of the coming
conference protocol. Now, I have nothing against creating a business.
Its just that for me personally it puts all that time I devote to this
in a new light.

Why should I add new features, test, release new versions, update manual
and presentations, have the server and subversion server running 24/7
and do many, many hours of user support when there is a commercial
interest getting paid for my time?

I am quite possibly reacting too fast and too much so I am just taking a
short break while I reassess the situation. I will let the transceiver
cool down for a while, it certainly has worked hard since 2005 so it
needs some maintenance, and then see where we are headed with this.