[pskmail] Re: Regarding jPSKmail 1.5 (beta 2)

  • From: Robert Krasowski <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 06:42:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
can we also update http://pskmail.org/PSKMaildownloads.html .
I was contacted by N5TBS yesterday, he is trying PSKMail with intention to set
up server. I was  helping him set up client, I went to pskmail.org side and had
to give him quite complicated instruction. He had to install version 1.4.0,
than had to change javapskmail.jar, 1.4b8. That is difficult and Clint N5TBS
did it with no trouble but can we put last stable version on that side, so
people can download, install and be ready to go. I think we should move old
versions to different folder, like "Old client, software";

Also, within periods of months that my server is running I had many stations
experimenting, connecting and than giving up. Everybody start connecting in
wrong mode sets (non USA modes). Can we make part of pskmail.org downloads with
US version of PSKmail client with default table mode for US, would be nice to
see US version of server as well.
Clint is running Windows, it took me some time to find info on facebook, how to
run server on windows, but I got it. Any chance to put link to that side into
download side pskmail.org?

Finally where is 1.5 beta, I will be more than happy to test it, but where is
it?

Well, my project of setting up station for sailing boat with intention to sail
across Atlantic is progressing well. I sent everything (radio, laptop, tuner,
antenna, concentric cable, chokes) to Poland, it got there just before
Christmas (with some problems - customs). Now it will be carried by the crew of
the boat to Canary's Island on January 3rd, I hope they will install it
correctly and will see how things will go.
Best regards to all
Robert
KB2PNM