[pskmail] Re: Raspberry Pi and Pskmail Client

  • From: Tarmo Huttunen <tarmopaha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 22:23:21 +0200

Well, I haven't got jpskmail working on raspberry yet. Maybe because
I didn't find 1.5.10 jar files :D So I tried 2.0.22. Suppose I just make
something wrong...

I have noticed about pi and fldigi, I cannot get WEFAX received as well as
with ordinary laptop,  with same usb soundcard (cheap dongle). Picture is
not as good. I think "slant" is not stable when using raspberry pi. But it
somewhat works, fun!  Also tried receiving NAVTEX, it works also. I have
received quite a lot of 518 khz NAVTEX from Mediterranean Sea here in inner
Finland with pi.

I suppose it is some issue on usb in pi, not sure. (could also be something
simple like dirty power or ground loop...) Also soundcard gets grazy quite
often when used with pi, and gets only fuzzy gibberish on waterwall.
By the way, It have never worked if I also have network connected, wifi or
ethernet. That is why I mostly susbect usb driver problem.

Tarmo OH6ECF