[pskmail] RSID sensitivity

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:48:30 +0100 (CET)

I performed some tests to see how sensitive the RSID decoder is when connecting
in a slow mode.  method: wait until SM0RWO switches back to PSK500R reduce
power  and connect in the test mode, repeat until it does not work anymore...
The test path is 1500 km North-South, frequency 10147 kHz, channel clear.  Here
are this afternoon's results:  PSK125R: 1 Watt to connect, RSID switching at
500 mW (block incomplete at 500 mW) MFSK32: 500 mW to connect... RSID switched
at 200 mW, (block incomplete at 200 mW) THOR22:  2 Watts to connect  (RSID
switched at 300 mW, block incomplete at 300 mW).  This test was around 15:00
UTC, already getting dark in Stockholm...  The server timing needs to be
tweaked for the slow modes (MFSK16, THOR8),  timing is too short at the moment.
 Also, a connect request in THOR8 takes so long the chance is big the server
switches back to PSK500R  during the packet...  Generally, to me it looks like
the sensitivity is plenty, also for QRP work.  73,  Rein PA0R     --